Tuesday 27 November 2007

Archive from Nov 13th

I am starting to get excited by this challenge. Usually I wake up in the morning trying hard not to think about what I will wear which is usually determined by what is clean, how much time I have got and a passing nod to the weather, the occasion. Style comes way down the list.
Today I am leading a PR Workshop for eight women who have just started their own businesses. It is cold, wet and windy. I will be leading the workshop at a new venue and will be on my feet only part of the time. After that it will home, mealtime and racing the children around their various activities.
I settle on a pair of medium high black patent round toed shoes (bought in a sale in 2006 from Wallis and worn once), black and grey speckled wide leg trousers (my final purchase before I started this, from M&Co), a black stretchy vest with square neck from Zara (2004) and a bright fuchsia pink cashmere cardigan (Primark 2007). All topped off with a long dusky pink coat from Boden (bought Sept 2007).
I also dig out a black and white necklace, black belt and silver bracelet. Accessories and maintenance are starting to play a bigger part. Yesterday afternoon I took my navy blue Whistles boots (a bargasm! £40 down from £180 last December sales) to the cobblers to b e resoled and reheeled. I opted for the lifetime guarantee which means I can get replacements free. Forever!
And last night I spent an hour in front of the television (I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here) detangling my jewellery and was amazed at what I found.
Will this enforced creativity have any affect on my confidence and performance today or will I be as mixed up as my wardrobe? I will keep you posted.

No comments: