Thursday 29 November 2007

Do shoes count as clothes?

Forgive me readers for I have sinned. It has been two weeks since my last clothes purchase and I have shopped.
Working in a prison I am told the only way to succeed in crime is to do it big, do it on your own and tell no-one. But thanks to this blog my crime of buying clothes has failed on all counts.
The "sin" was a £8.00 pair of flat, black pumps from Tesco. And take 20% off that for their current sale offer. I was egged on by my 10-year-old daughter on our daily after-school top-up shop.
My defence? I needed flat, black pumps. Nothing else would do. I had just thrown out my last pair as the holes in the bottom were letting in water.
But and it's a big but, do shoes really count as clothes?

1 comment:

Heather Bestel said...

Yes, yes, yes, shoes DO count as clothes - however, you did not buy anything extra, you were replacing an item that you had thrown away (your wardrobe has not increased) and that certainly doesn't count - so well done!
Keep up the good work.
Heather x